The E-Mail Deployments feature gives you an easy step by step process in launching successful marketing campaigns to all of your clients, alerting all customers of upcoming promotions, events, and sales.
To Create a Deployment (A Two Step Process):
1. Click Create Deployment.
A. Basic Information
2. Enter the following information:
- Deployment Name
- E-Mail Subject
- From Address
- From Name
- Reply To Address
3. Below, in the Marketing Lists area, select which lists you wish to include. You are given three marketing lists upon installation: Customers (every customer in your database), Daily Specials, and Other Specials. Daily Specials and Other Specials are compiled from all the customers that sign up for your messages on the website.
To include a list, click the green icon
, while using the red icon
B. E-Mail Content
4. Insert Merge Fields. (Optional) Merge fields are used to make content unique for each message received. For example:
Click on #Firstname from the merge field drop down and type "Hello" in front.
When a person named Sam opens the E-Mail, the message will say "Hello Sam".
5. Insert Templates. You can use a variety of premade templates to help you in your design process. Templates are created in the E-Mail Templates tab.
6. Insert Content. This is generally only a Daily Specials page that lists the items marked as “specials” under your Food Menu.
7. Enter your message. If you are well versed in html, you can use code by clicking on the source button in the toolbar.
8. Because some users will want to view the message as plain text, you must copy your message into the plain text version. Merge fields are allowed here.
Note: Your message will not be saved unless this field is fulfilled.
9. Click Save.
Suppression List, Statistics, and Detailed Reports tab can only be used after a deployment is sent out and active. These functions are described below.
To Edit and View Deployments:
1. Click Edit & View.
2. Make changes as necessary.
Note: Under the Basic Information data, information cannot be altered unless you are creating a duplicate.
3.View result data by clicking on the Statistics or Detailed Reports tab.
The Suppression list, like an opt out, is a list formed of e-mails that wish to be removed from future marketing messages.
To Add an Email to the Suppression List:
1. Search for the email.
2. Click the green icon besides the e-mail you wish to add.
The statistics tab offers a bar chart of the statistics involved with the deployment. The data includes total recipients, unique opens, unique clicks, and bounces.
Further reporting on the information, the detailed reports gives you the specifics of the information listed in the statistics chart. Say this were your first deployment, and you wanted to create a group of all of the positive responses you received to your initial deployment, you could select the E-Mail addresses from the drop down menu, and choose a group to place them in. Then click Add To Group.